Unsure about your future career?
It’s OK — there’s help available for you! Most UO students have some amount of career uncertainty at some point while they are in college. As an exploring Duck, there are lots of strategies you can use to learn about options and to begin trying them out.
- Talk with your advisor — The professionals in each of the UO academic advising offices are ready to help you discover options and connect with campus resources.
- Vita Navis is an online career assessment which is free for UO students. It will help you to better understand yourself, your career options, and the majors at the UO which may appeal to you.
- What Can I Do With This Major is a website where you can learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. (Please note, these majors are not mapped to UO majors.)
- My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options.
- Visit the University Career Center — If you have a few ideas in mind about possible careers, the team in the UCC can help you to begin developing strategies for trying them out by connecting with UO alumni or finding an internship or other experience.