Finding Your Direction
Our intent: to empower, prepare, and educate students for their lifelong process of career success—succinctly sums up our services. Our career coaches work alongside students as they navigate their career path. Although no individual person’s career path looks the same, our career coaches support students through individual career coaching appointments, workshops, career fairs, and identifying and communicating strengths and passions for next steps and beyond.
Chat with us about:
Searching for jobs and internships
Resumes and cover letters
Handshake and LinkedIn
Professionalism and negotiation
General questions and planning
Make an appointment to meet with a Career Readiness Coach
Schedule online with Navigate
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Login to Handshake to find jobs, internships, events, and research opportunities.
Peer Coaches Available for Drop-in Assistance
Need help with resumes, cover letters, Handshake, or LinkedIn? Stop by during our peer coaching drop-in hours. Support in Español is also offered! Peer coaches will be available to chat spring term during these times:
Monday: 9:00–11:00 a.m., 1:00–4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday: 1:00–4:30 p.m.
Follow these steps to schedule an appointment with a career readiness coach via Navigate!
- Log in to Navigate with your DuckID and password
- You will then see Navigate’s home page with your class schedule and information
- Select Schedule an Appointment
- 1st drop down, select University Career Center (it is the second to last choice on the list)
2nd drop down, select the main topic you would like to discuss with a career coach
3rd drop down, select the date you would like to come in
Click on Find Available Time
- Available times will appear in the blue; select a day and time that works for you. (You can also select a specific career coach to meet with if you'd like.)
- Next, under the How Would You Like to Meet menu, select the option you prefer given the choices available.
- Fill out the remaining information and click the blue Schedule button.
- Watch for an email that confirms your appointment with further instructions from your career coach.