Career Readiness begins with [a] Handshake
Looking for a part-time job, internship, volunteer, work-study, or early career opportunity? Want to learn about upcoming career readiness workshops and events? Activate your FREE Handshake account today to search for jobs, discover new career possibilities, access our career resource library, register for career readiness events and workshops, and connect with local and national employers.
Did you know that once you fill out your profile, Handshake will curate a feed of jobs, internships and events that match your interests and skills? Let Handshake do the job searching for you! Check out the UO’s curated collections of Handshake employers who love to hire Ducks!
Why should you use Handshake?
- Get hired — Discover and land jobs, internships, student leadership, and undergraduate research opportunities.
- Get discovered — Get messaged by employers that want to hire you by completing your profile.
- Get connected — Connect with employers, alumni, and the University Career Center through both virtual and in-person events you can register for on the platform like our Career and Internship Expo every term.
- Get expert help — Learn from employers, alumni, and campus career centers how to demonstrate your career readiness through blogs, workshops, informational interviews, panels, networking events and more.
- Get started — Check out these helpful tutorials or our Handshake FAQ to make the best of your time in Handshake.
3 Must-haves on your Handshake profile
Let Handshake do the searching for you by curating a feed of jobs, internships and events that match your interests and skills. Employers are actively searching for students based on their career interests including:
- Job type — Do you want an internship, part-time job, or full-time job?
- Location — Which cities do you want to work in?
- Job roles — Select the types of jobs you want, like marketing associate or data analyst.
What you’ll find on Handshake
- Full-time Positions — Browse full-time jobs by employer, location, field, or your qualifications to find the best fit. You can even set up saved searches for new positions that fit your criteria. And the best part? As a UO graduate, you can use Handshake for the rest of your career.
- Part-time Positions — The best way to set yourself up for success after graduation is to start getting experience now. Browse part-time positions in Eugene, Portland, and beyond including:
- Work-study jobs
- On and off campus
- Seasonal work
- Remote work
- OPT/CPT for International Students
- Employers who will sponsor or don’t require US work visa
- Internships — Whether paid or for credit, internships are a great way to get experience in your industry of choice. Start early, check back often, and put your best foot forward with Handshake’s internship listings.
- Volunteer — Donating your time and skills to non-profits is a great way to build career readiness skills and give back to the community in meaningful ways. Handshake has both in-person and remote volunteer opportunities around the world for you to choose from.
- Experiential Learning — Looking for on-campus leadership or undergraduate research opportunities, Handshake is filled with all kinds of career readiness experiences that look good on your résumé.
- Career Readiness Events and Workshops — Want to learn how to write a résumé, meet alumni at a networking event, schedule a practice interview, or get hired at a Career and Internship Expo? Find a full list of campus and virtual events on Handshake.
- Virtual Resources — You'll find résumé and cover letter templates, tips and tricks specific to your field of study, and more, all in one place.