How to Post to Duck Connect
Looking for dedicated employees with fresh perspectives? Connect with University of Oregon students by posting your job and internship opportunities to Duck Connect for free. Simply follow the steps below.
Create Your Account
New employers register for an account.
Existing users sign in.
Make sure to complete registration.
Click "register" at the bottom of the form.
You will receive and email within 48 hours from the Career Center confirming your registration.
Post Your Opportunity
Under "My Jobs," select "New Job."
Save and Submit
Click on "save" at the bottom of the page to submit your posting.
Check Your Posting
Pending postings will be reviewed and approved within five business days.
Career Center Non-Discrimination Policy
The University of Oregon Career Center and Lundquist College Career Services expect all employers and their representatives to abide by federal and state employment laws and to honor the University of Oregon’s commitment to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and nondiscrimination in their recruiting and hiring practices.
We reserve the right to decline participation based on space availability or industry representation. Payment for event registration is due upon receipt of your registration confirmation. The Career Center accepts credit card payment only (VISA and MasterCard).
Parking on the UO campus is limited. For this reason, only one parking space will be included with each company registration for Career Center career fairs and events. If needed, a second parking space can be purchased and can be ordered with your registration. For evening events; most metered parking spaces on University Street—and some other areas around campus—are free after 6:00 p.m. You may be required to pay a meter for the short time between parking and the start of your event. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.
The Career Center is not responsible for costs associated with parking tickets or towing fees.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A full refund will be made if cancellations are received in writing no later than two weeks prior to an event. E-mail cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org for Career Center events.
- No refunds will be made to cancellations made less than two weeks prior to an event.
- No refunds will be given for no-shows.
Payment for event fees is due at the time of registration. In the event that payment is not received 30 days past the date of the event, organizations may be blocked from registering for another event until payment is received.
The University of Oregon provides this job-posting website as a resource for students and potential employers. The information posted comes from potential employers and employees and is not endorsed, guaranteed, or verified by the university. Potential employers and employees use this website at their own risk. The university makes no representations as to the qualifications of applicants that utilize this site, nor as to the potential employers that post positions. It is the sole responsibility of students and potential employers to research, review, interview, conduct background checks or reference checks, and conduct all other due diligence when hiring a student or when accepting a position.
In exchange for using this website, you agree to release the State of Oregon, the Board of Trustees of the University of Oregon, and the University of Oregon and all their respective officers, employees, agents, and volunteers from any and all liability, negligence, and expense in any way resulting from, related to, or arising out of the use of this report.
To recruit for employment, employers must abide by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines: Prohibited Employment Policies and Practices Overview. We recommend employers be familiar with NACE and EEOC standards prior to posting positions on Duck Connect or participating in UO recruiting events.
Multilevel Marketing Jobs
Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing Organizations, and those organizations seeking UO candidates to become franchise owners, are not considered "employers" by the Career Center and are not eligible to participate in on-campus interviewing, Résumé Books, job listings, employer presentations, or sponsorships for on-campus activities.
The Career Center considers organizations that engage in the following to be covered by this policy:
- Sponsoring an individual to set up their own business for the purpose of selling products or services or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business.
- Requiring an initial cash or capital investment, account balance or similar fiscal requirements from this individual, with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may include but is not limited to such things as direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session, or purchase of a starter kit.
Students and alumni of UO utilize the Career Center’s online recruitment system, Duck Connect, for professional employment or student hourly opportunities. The following policies are established to determine eligibility of a company, organization, or individual to use the Duck Connect system:
- The position may not be located in a private residence or a home-based office (e.g. nanny, personal assistant, in-home tutor).
- The employment organization must have a payroll and human resources liaison to which the student employee may seek recourse in the event of a workplace conflict or dispute.
- The pay rate cannot be below the Oregon state minimum wage (calculated over any time scale such as hourly, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, or annually).
- Home-based businesses are not eligible to participate in UO employer services.
- Sponsors of an individual in setting up their own business for the purpose of selling products or services, or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business (Direct Sales Organizations).
- Employers who require an initial investment from individuals with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may be, but is not limited to, direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session, or purchase of a starter kit.
- Companies that compensate in the form of straight commission, fees from others under their sponsorship in the organization, or a percentage of sales generated by others.
Organizations that recruit University of Oregon students and graduates to teach English abroad meet the following criteria:
- The organization must provide the Career Center with at least two references from past participants in the program (we may not need this only if they are interested in getting credit).
- The program must be formally structured so that applicants understand the role the organization will play in arranging for their teaching opportunity and the support that will be provided when they are abroad.
- The organization must have a website which provides the following:
- Details of the program, including specific responsibilities of the applicant, how the organization works with applicants in securing teaching opportunities and arranging travel and housing, and support provided by the organization while the individual is abroad teaching.
- Application timeline and process
- Fees, if any, involved
- Certification requirements—indicate what teaching certifications are required, including: TEFL, TESOL
- Pay structure (which must also be included in the job posting)
- What health coverage, if any, is provided or how candidates would arrange for health coverage
- Safety and housing information
- Clear description of working and living conditions
- Support which the organization provides to teachers while they are abroad
Marijuana and Cannabis Industries
The UO Career Center will not accept positions related to the use or distribution of recreational or medical marijuana. As the use of marijuana is illegal at the federal level and UO receives federal funds, we must comply with federal law. In addition, the use of marijuana violates the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and continues to be banned on campus.
Third Party or Employment Agencies
Representatives may recruit or post opportunities through the Career Center under the following conditions:
- No fee is charged to the student or applicant.
- The name of the hiring company is released to Career Center staff (but will remain confidential) and is approved by the staff.
- The hiring company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- NACE Principles for Professional Practice
Third Party Employment Services (TPES) are usually defied as:
- Employment Agencies—Organizations that list positions for a number of client organizations and receive payment when a candidate they have referred is hired. The fee for listing a position is paid either by the firm listing the opening or by the candidate who is hired.
- Temporary agencies acting as TPES—Organizations that contract with a client organization to provide individuals qualified to perform specific tasks or complete specific projects for the organization. Assignments usually last between two weeks and one year. Individuals work at the client organization but are paid by the agency.
- Search Firms—Organizations that contract with clients to find and screen qualified persons to fill specific positions. The fees for this services are paid by the client.
The Career Center has established these criteria for identifying appropriate entrepreneurial employment opportunities for promotion through its services. Start-ups must have progressed sufficiently in their business development process so that they can:
- Provide a company name, business address, website and e-mail address, and identify a principal as the key contact.
- Verify that they are not seeking potential partners or investors.
- Confirm that they have obtained the necessary business licenses and tax IDs
- Offer positions for pay, not just for equity.
- Provide clearly defined organization and position descriptions in Duck Connect.